jVi Wish Lists
Your opinions and requests help shape jVi and influence what gets done next.
And you are, of course, invited to help get it done.
A good way to express your wishes for jVi and/or vote for particular
features are through the
Open Discussion Forum, comment on an existing thread or start a new
thread. We also pay attention to
Bug Reports and
"jVi Core" WishList 04/17/07
"jVi in NetBeans" WishList 04/17/07
- visual block mode, targeted for 1.0
- !, :! family of commands, targeted for 1.0
- highlight search, targeted for 1.0
- move cursor in input mode, targeted for 1.0
- modelines option, now that there is a :set command
- add more options to the :set command
- better mouse integration
- an undo/redo that works like vim
This probably requires some NetBeans API work
- :e code completion for open and/or project files
Probably want different commands, one for open files and
the other for general and/or project files. Maybe bring up an open file
browser for project files.
Need extensions for selected project, single file, project being
- Debug commands
single step, run until this line, etc. I was thinking of using
:x to start a debug command.
One "special" command I'd
personall like to set up is "tracepoint": this is a
breakpoint on the current line that doesn't stop any threads, but prints
the current method/linenumber; it could bring up the customize
breakpoint dialog with everything setup up so that a <RET> would close
the dialog; but the caret would be positioned so that you could enter
additional info to display
- Ctrl-W window manipulation commands
jVi is set up for a few these if the platform supports them. I
haven't seen a NetBeans API for this type of functionality. I haven't
asked yet either.
- clean up interactions with code folding
Copyright © 2011 Raelity Engineering
Contact Raelity Engineering